Charlotte, North Carolina | email@example.com | 704-728-9859
Front End Developer with 8+ years experience building accessible and scalable solutions for the web. Open Source enthusiast and regular code contributor to WordPress Core. Strong engineering professional with a Master’s degree in Information Systems Management and a Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies.
Examples of Work
- Contributed code to 4 of the last 5 major WordPress releases (v5.0 – v5.4).
- Recognized as a valuable Gutenberg contributor for active participation in discussions, pull requests and issues.
- Created, for personal use, a PostCSS plugin and a WordPress plugin to ease styling for the editor.
- Collaborated on code choices and architecture decisions with 3-4 Theme Hybrid members via Slack.
- Created a node plugin for inclusion in the theme’s build process.
- My ever evolving fork is at https://github.com/m-e-h/forsite
- Created a component system using post type archives, and custom meta. (pre-gutenberg)
- Each post is a configurable component-type on the archive page.
In Production:charlottediocese.org |
- Created family memberships functionality for an elementary-middle school.
- Parents are able to manage their students extracurricular activity (e.g., a sports registration > try-outs > payment flow).
In Production:stmarkcatholicschool.net |
Senior WordPress Developer @ The Idea People
September 2019 — May 2020
- Build new and maintain existing WordPress sites.
- Integrate custom API endpoints and plugins such as WooCommerce, Buddypress and Gravity Forms.
Lead Web Developer @ Diocese of Charlotte
June 2013 — September 2019
- Design, develop, and maintain webapps for schools, churches, campaigns and diocese related agencies.
Master’s degree @ Keller Graduate School of Management
- Information Systems Management
B.A. @ West Virginia University
- Communication Studies